Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Going to the Market for Very Busy Moms

I just came back from the Pasig Market, which was only an 8-minute drive away from our condo village. Whew! Talk about buying all the essentials in just a flash!


I usually go to the market with my husband (who's more experienced in this than me!) for our weekly food supply. But since we were busy last weekend preparing for our dearest son's baptismal party, we could not even drop by there. The past two days, we lived on canned goods and the party leftovers. =)

Hence, I had to go to the market today by myself. And I had to do it fast. Good thing I was already very familiar with the place, and I went from one stall to another in a jiffy, buying only the basics!

For only P500 in a span of 30 minutes, I was able to buy the following:
  • 1/2 kilo pork
  • 1/4 kilo ground pork
  • 1/2 kilo chicken
  • 4 pieces Maya-Maya fish cuts
  •  1/2 kilo longganisa
  • 10 pieces eggs
  • 1 whole cabbage
  • 3 pieces eggplants
  • 1 piece chayote squash
  • 1/2 kilo tomatoes
  • 1/4 kilo onions 
  • 1 plastic togue bean sprouts
  • a small chunk of bananas
Going to the market is certainly a big challenge for very busy moms. If you're in a hurry and you don't have time to even plan what you will be having in the following days, just buy the essentials: meat products (chicken/pork/beef), fish, vegetables, and some fruits. Don't forget garlic, onions, and tomatoes because these are the usual basic Pinoy ingredients. I just didn't buy garlic because we still had a lot.

Good luck and enjoy!

Image Credit: http://www.flickr.com/groups/pasigphotowalk/pool/tags/photowalk/

Blogging by Mommy Olive

No comments:

Post a Comment