Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Simple Tips for On-the-Go Moms-to-Be

I was surely an on-the-go mom-to-be during my pregnancy. Lucky me, I did not experience any of those disruptive and annoying symptoms that other working pregnant women like myself had to struggle with. Aside from feeling soooo sleepy all the time plus a lot of hunger bouts during my first trimester, there was nothing else that I had to worry about. I could still work as if there was no baby tumbling and twisting inside my tummy!

However, that's not true for all working pregnant women. So here are some tips you working pregnant women should take note of:
  • Drink a lot of water. If your job or business entails you to do a lot of field work, be sure to keep your water bottle full and close by. 
  • Also have some snacks ready at all times. It is healthful for you and your baby to never get hungry.
  • It would be good for you to put on comfortable sandals or shoes. This can ease the swelling of your feet as well as prevent varicose veins.
  • You should wear loose clothing to feel more comfortable while working. This can lessen the stress and help you move better despite the heaviness of your tummy.
  • Don't work for hours straight without taking short breaks. Try out some stretching exercises for better blood circulation and for a good feeling too. 
  • Rest whenever you can, and try not to get overworked. Remember, this is not just about you anymore. You have the health of your baby to think about too. 
  • Talk to your baby from time to time. Even if you are busy with work, do not forget to continue building that bond with your precious little one inside.
Keep in mind that being on the way does not mean you becoming paralyzed from work. There are plenty of working pregnant women all around who were able to continue doing their jobs all throughout or for most of their pregnancies. I am one of them, and my baby came out well and healthy! :)

Image Credit: http://www.letstalkbabies.com/

Blogging by Mommy Olive

No comments:

Post a Comment