Sunday, March 20, 2011

Baby Movements at 7 Months

Now at my 31st or 32nd week of pregnancy, my very active baby seems to be very eager to come out and scream "Hello, World!" with arms wide open. At this time, baby movements in the womb have certainly increased. In my personal experience, it seems to be kicking and dancing and turning every hour or so.

There is now a wider variety of baby movements, ranging from light nudges to rhythmic patterns to very hard kicks! Sometimes, I would even be caught in surprise when the baby seems to suddenly tumble in a somersault that feels like an enormous ball turning in my tummy, stretching out my skin to its limits. My belly would then harden, and at times it can be frightening. But this would last for just a few seconds, although there are repetitions.

As the baby grows even more, I guess the movements will increase too. In some cases, other moms experience otherwise. It really depends, actually. But if you become apprehensive about these baby movements in the womb, then it would still be best to consult your doctor to be appeased, especially if there are frequent contractions at this time of your pregnancy.

Baby movements in the womb are indeed both exciting and scary, especially for a first-time mom-to-be like me. There are times you cannot really tell what kind of movement it is. If only I could see inside in a snap! But of course, it is still a great joy for me to feel that my baby is alive and kickin'!

Image Credit: http://www.baby2see.com/development/week31.html

Blogging by Mommy Olive

2 comments: