Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pregnant in Summer: Sweating the Small Stuff

They say pregnant women sweat more than others. Unfortunately for me, I am on my eighth month right in the middle of summertime! Thus, I have no choice but to really sweat the small stuff.

Sweating during pregnancy cannot be avoided, especially as your tummy gets bigger. This is because you are heating for two already. There is an increased progesterone hormone level combined with escalating flow of blood in the skin. Hence, our sweat glands are working double-time!

More often than not, I sweat during the daytime when the sun is out and the temperature is warm in the house or even outdoors. But sometimes, I sweat even when there is airconditioning in the room! There are also times when I wake up in the wee hours of the morning with sweat trickling from my neck and back. *Sigh* I guess it all comes with this wonderful human being growing inside of us pregnant women.

Well, it's not going to be too long now before my son is born. In the meantime, I will just have to accept the consequences of sweating during pregnancy. It isn't so bad, anyway, as long as we sweat the small stuff ONLY during pregnancy and not when faced with the challenges of everyday life.

Blogging by Mommy Olive

No comments:

Post a Comment